1. It's December 8. How many chocolate Advent Calendars do you think is too many to have opened and eaten already. Mmmm.....I kind of thought so.
2. I was just talking to a guy from the removalist company regarding my parents move. Our conversation got off track and we started talking about things other than moving house. He told me his divorce was far more stressful than moving house and he will never go through that again. He said he recently got engaged and is positive it will be his last wedding. Why? During his first wedding ceremony the Celebrant kept calling his wife to be Kylie instead of Kelly. Even when he corrected her she kept calling her the wrong name. No points for guessing his new fiancees name. Yes, it's Kylie. He thinks it was a sign. I have my fingers and toes crossed for him.
3. Thanks Tashabud for sending me this picture to remind me that some things look better old and grey. Ahhhh......George... how you've changed.
4. This I do not understand. If Julian Assange (Wikileaks) is being given information and publishing it, why is he regarded as a criminal when every other major newspaper across the world is doing the exact same thing. Isn't the US Government (with the support of western governments) trying to shoot the messenger instead of trying to stop the leaks from within their own administration? Plus, after reading some of the documents I'm not sure it is that much of a surprise or the kind of information which could start wars or result in the loss of life. It's just embarrassing because of the scathing personal attacks made on foreign politicians that were never meant to see the light of day. I am sure it will take a while for some relationships to mend. We have all been guilty of that I am sure. Personally, I would be much prefer to see some leaks coming out of Iran or China...now that would be interesting.
5. This is where I will be spending Easter 2011 courtesy of Richard Branson. My daughter won a trip for two to Hong Kong courtesy of her .....Mother. Remember I told you how I take 5 mins or so every once in a while to enter online competitions (for Aussies out there, visit http://www.winfreestuff.com.au/) well I put an entry in for her. I think she felt obliged to take me along. I can hardly say no, can I?
Roll on 2011!!