Saturday, 3 April 2010
I've never met a piece of chocolate I didn’t like.
So, for one reason or another, you can imagine how happy Easter makes me.
White chocolate, dark chocolate, chilli chocolate and even the pretend kind (like tofu dipped in carob) is fine by me. I’ve even been known to eat cooking chocolate if the ‘urge’ strikes and there is nothing else close at hand.
Chocolate has seen me through the good times and the bad times (ok, ok, and every time in between).
I don’t need a reason to indulge. Chocolate is reason enough isn't it?
And best of all it's cheaper than therapy and you don't need an appointment.
However, given you are likely to be in a chocolate coma by this time tomorrow, I thought I'd pass on a few early tips to those worried about looking like the size of a house after a day of over indulgence.
Remember, the aim is to become chocolate enriched, not sick,
1. Nibble do not bite. There are no kilojoules/calories in nibbled chocolate.
2. The first and last Easter egg has no calories. The first is a taste test and the last is just tidying up. Besides eating the last Easter Egg prevents arguments and awkward moments and is a case of self sacrifice and therefore calorie free.
3. Tiny Easter eggs are calorie free. You must east 300 at least before you put on any weight.
4. Chocolate rabbits with weird faces do not have as many calories as ones with really cute faces. It's true, it really is.
5. French chocolate is far too expensive to have any fat content in it at all. Just look at any French woman if you don’t believe me.
6. Any alcoholic substance that you use to wash down the chocolate reduces the calorie content of said chocolate by 50%.
7. Eating equal amounts of white chocolate and dark chocolate produces a balanced diet.
8. And if you don't believe anything else I've said just remember that chocolate has loads of preservatives and preservatives will make you look younger.
What can I say?
Happy holidays to you all and easy does it on that chocolate.....or at least wait until no-ones's looking....
Image mine, part of my Easter egg making.