doesn't make the news anymore
Apparently the world is in search of happiness. And we are looking for it in all the wrong places.
We certainly can't expect to find it from our daily news sources, no matter which medium we happen to use.
Is it just me or does it seem that every time you listen to the news or read a newspaper the negative stories outweigh the positive ones twentyfold. It's getting worse, surely.
The headlines today are
- 300 dead cats in man's freezer
- Georgia says its very close to war with Russia
- Cyclone death toll to reach 100,000
- Bush attack on Iran
- What's really in the food you eat
- Mugabe supporters continue the killings
- Koalas under threat from climate change
- Pressure for Pope
and supposedly the only two relatively positive stories are
- that Kylie begins her X tour in Paris
- and a local fantasy author gets Hollywood call up.
I am going back to bed. No wonder the world is depressed. Even the positive stories are so lightweight and frivolous its a non event.
We need more balance, surely. Between being informed and being depressed. We need to laugh and be inspired by the news every once in a while too. If violence begets violence, surely negativity does the same.
What do you think? How do you get your news and is it more balanced than what I am reading?